1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
6oz Brown ale or Scotch ale
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons distilled vinegar
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt to taste
4 racks of baby back ribs
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Add the garlic and onions and cook till translucent. Make sure to stir consistently as to not let them burn.
3. Add the beer and then reduce the heat to low. Reduce the mixture by half.
4. Add the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and stir.
5. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Taste after simmering and add whatever ingredient it needs (more spice, more sugar, etc.).
7. Once the ribs are close to being done move them to a cooler unlit part of the grill and mop with sauce. Let the sauce caramelize on the outside and the meat get to an internal temp of 160F.