Welcome to Molecular Biology Class. We feel like a kid in science class this episode as we have Christopher Wood, PhD in studio to explore yeast.
Chris has a PhD in Pharmacology from Wayne State and Postdoctoral Fellowship on yeast cell biology and is a passionate home brewer. He is also a regular blogger for BYO.com, specifically their Science & Homebrews blog. We cover a ton of information on the history and background of yeast as well as its purpose in beer. We also cover building cultures from yeast dregs, pitching rates/temps, wild yeast captures and some equipment you can get at home to build your small lab. So you can see where this episode is heading… So kick back and listen in to the Yeastie Boys rap about yeast.
- House of Brews(As always we wouldn’t have a studio without them, please show your support)
- Salud Beer Shop– 3306 N. Davidson end of Noda before the railroad tracks.
- Red Clay Cider
- Lamotte (Brew Water Testing supplies and kits)
- Ballast Point Brewing and Spirits
- Wicked Weed expanding sour production with 4th facility
- http://craftfreedom.org/ – Officially launched at OMB.
- Most interesting man in the World is retiring ( will live on in memes)
- Southern Tier/ Victory Brewing joint venture will be located in CLT