After a mini hiatus we are back in action and immediately we go BIG. Big ABV I mean, as this episode we focus our attention towards Barley Wines. We drink a few of them and learn a bit more on how to brew the two main varieties, English and the more aggressive American style.
Listen careful as we hint at a collaboration between Fermentation Nation and The Unknown Brewery and most definitely stay tuned to our next episode as Joe and Daan release an epic side project that also involves Shawn.
Crack your Barely Wines, adjust your recipes, build your yeast cultures and enjoy this episode.
Our Around Town Segment features John Palmer! We grab a quick 11 minute interview w/ the homebrew guru himself!
Side Note: If anyone has used Multi-Dextrin to fix an over attenuation issue please email us how you did it and how well did it work? Shawn or Joe or Daan @fermentationnation.net
Beer/Brewery industry news/updates:
• Wyoming Home brew changes
• Kabong DB release – 11.11% 111ibu triple ipa.
• BrewDog releases all their recipes to the public!
• SN Beer Camp tickets are on sale.
• Thirsty Monk in Asheville wins Best Beer Bar in the state of NC
• FN/Uknown Brewery Collab
• Victory Brewing and Southern Tier Unite under new Holding Company – Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) – HQ in Charlotte, NC
• New Noda Cans for Par 4 (Session IPA)
• Wicked Weed Sold Distro rights (Multi Million) – Now Distro’ as far as Texas
• Green Man set to expand operations $5m in scope.
• Foothills Founder Jamie Bartholomaus is handing over his Brewmaster Title as they expand.
Joe and Daan also caught up with a regular listener Kevin Lindley at the Shamrock Open in Raleigh this past weekend.