Episode #29 finds us talking to the Founder, CEO, and Head Brewer of Mystery Brewing; Erik Lars Myers. Erik launched his brewery after a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2012. Erik not only runs the popular blog called Top Fermented, but is also quite involved with the North Carolina Brewers Guild as its current President.
Join us as we talk about his brewery and what has been going on in the North Carolina craft beer scene following the explosive growth NC has seen the past 6+ years.
Beer/Brewery industry news/updates:
- A Charlotte restaurant is boycotting Anheuser-Busch InBev. “We are not in favor of nor do we want to associate ourselves with a company that bullies its competition in the way that AB has chosen to.” – Queen City Q in Uptown.
- A New York man has sued Miller Brewing Co. over Foster’s beer not being brewed in Australia.The lawsuit, a proposed class action filed in Brooklyn Federal Court, contends that advertising misled Leif Nelson into purchasing the beer because it was portrayed as being brewed in Australia, when in fact the brewing operation moved to Texas in 2011.
- “Best Damn Root Beer”, is the first beer from AB-InBev’s new “Crafty” brewery unit called Best Damn Brewing Co.
- Bell’s Brewery heading south in 2016: Mississippi, Louisiana, & Arkansas.
- New Belgium begins first test batches at new Asheville brewhouse
How To Find Us:
- Twitter @Ferm_Nation
- InstaGram @Ferm_Nation