Join as as we discuss the process your coffee goes through all the way from plant to cup, and true to from we tie it all back to beer.
Bethany from the Charlotte Beer Babes & the Oktoberfest Planning committee joins us in studio to fill in for Michael who is busy running Oktoberfest tours in Germany, making Joe & Dann jealous with all the lagers he is enjoying fresh from the source.
This episode also see’s the return of our Around Town Segment w/ Brad Shell from Unknown Brewing talking about the Garage Warrior super home brew collaboration beer that will be released in cans locally.
Matt Yarmey sits down with the Fermentation Nation crew for over an hour discussing the entire process coffee goes through before it gets poured into your cup.
- Coffee Trees & the two types of Coffee beans
- How coffee berries are picked, fermented and dried
- How green beans are roasted and the different types of roast
- Best ways to store your coffee (hint: the freezer is bad!)
- Best coffee brewing practices and recommendations
- Cold pressed coffee and using coffee in beer
Matt also discusses the various projects he has done with breweries using his coffee and the Ferm Nation crew talks about how they have used coffee in home brew.
A bonus discussion has us talking about roasting coffee at home using either an air-popper or a stove-top popcorn popper.
- Air Popper Method: https://www.sweetmarias.com/air-popper-method
- Stovetop Roaster: http://legacy.sweetmarias.com/stovepopmethod.php
*All DIY Info Sourced from: https://www.sweetmarias.com/