Who, what, when, where, why and how? On this episode Joey DiApice from www.craftbeertraders.com is in studio giving us the lowdown on all things beer trading. We also have a very special Skype call from our very own Mark Vesel! As some listeners may know Mark is an avid beer trader and very active member in the community. He will give us an update on his new gig as a line cook and part time brewer at Ascension Brewing.
At the heart of it, beer trading is the love of craft beer and sharing local options outside of their original distribution areas. It can be a great way to explore this ever growing world of craft beers. We go in depth on topics such as Understanding the abbreviations, successful shipping and trading etiquette as well as give suggestions for helpful websites to help you along the way.
We also speak w/ Paul & Amanda of Ediamaps.com about The Great NC Beer Map. Their KickStarter finishes this Friday so get in on it while you still can! The folded map will be $9.99 and the poster version will be $24.99
Dont forget we are also giving away 2 tickets to the Charlotte Oktoberfest! Which is the biggest beer festival in the South East. Event date is Saturday October 3rd Listen to find out how you can win them!
Determining the value of your trades? http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html
Beer Served rare blog for info about upcoming releases: https://beerservedrare.wordpress.com/
Keeping track of your cellar: https://www.cellarhq.com/
- Heading into the second half of CBoY
- BRBO is on 9/12 with 8/1 – 9/4 registration and drop off open. Entries can be dropped off at locations in all major CBoY cities or shipped to Highland brewing. Check website for details http://maltsters.org/blue-ridge-brew-off-2015-homebrew-competition/
- Skirmish in the Triad TBD in Nov
- PSBO TBD in Dec
Beer/Brewery industry news/updates:
- NoDa Brewing – new tap room coming soon!
- Red Clay CiderWorks had their Grand Opening
- The cellar at Duckworths opening
- Devils Backbone to Add 5 New States in Next 12 Months including NC
- Free Range is open
- Wooden Robot is open
- Blue Blaze Brewing signed a lease in West Charlotte
- Keep an ear out for upcoming news from Fonta Flora (huge news). Jester King / Fonta Flora colab happening as we speak!
- Deschutes Brewery continues to scout Asheville for new brewery location
- Sierra Nevada is opening an outdoor music amphitheater at its Mills River location
House of Brews Studio – July Specials
- US Golding Pellet Hops: Mild and delicate with sweet floral characteristics 6.5%. 1 oz-$.50 or 1 LB-$7.00.
- Eng Challenger: Granddaughter of Northern Brewer with some Northdown in its lineage 9.6%. 1oz-$.50 or 1LB-$7.00.
- Target: Excellent bittering hop with a classic English character. 7.1%. 1oz-$.50 or 1LB-$7.00.
To order please visit their website at www.House-of-Brews.com or come see them at their retail store located at 3611 Tryclan Drive-Charlotte, NC 28217.